I don't mean to brag, but I make THE BEST Chicken Parmigiana EVER!! Ok, so I guess I do mean to brag. Ha! Thought I'd post my recipe though it's not written down, it's all in my head. So here goes.
Stephanie's Chicken Parmesan
4 chicken breasts, tenderized ( I place mine in a large ziploc bag and pound to 1/4 inch thickness with a meat tenderizer)
1/2 cup of flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/8- 1/4 cup milk
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (I like Parmigiana Regianno or Parmigianna Regianno and Asiago mix)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Pizza seasoning
1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 TBS dried Parsley (I crush the parsley flakes in my hand to release the oils of the spice)
1 large Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, crushed
1-2 15 oz Cans of Tomato Sauce (depends on how thick you want your sauce)
1-2 cans of DicedTomatoes (depends on how chunky you want your sauce)
1/4 cup White Wine ( I use Pinot Griggio or Pinot Nior)
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
Sprinkle of Red Pepper Flakes to taste
1. Tenderize chicken breasts.
2. Place flour on place or in bowl.
3. Whisk eggs and milk in separate bowl.
4. Mix together bread crumbs, cheese, and garlic powder, onion powder, Italian and Pizza seasonings, Oregano, pepper and Parsley.
5. Dredge chicken breasts in flour first followed by milk and egg mixture, and lastly the bread crumb mixture.
6. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Brown chicken in skillet, about 5-7 minutes per side.
7. Remove chicken from skillet and place on plate.
8. Add chopped onion to skillet and saute until sweating.
9. Add crushed garlic and finish sauteing onions and garlic, careful not to over cook onions and garlic.
10. Turn off burner or remove skillet from heat and add white wine to skillet, deglazing the pan. 11. Place back on medium heat and add chicken broth, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes to pan. Add sprinkle of red pepper flakes and stir.
12. Bring to boil, add chicken breast back to pan and reduce heat, Let simmer for 20 minutes or so to finish cooking and to allow flavors to mix. Stir occasionally.
alternative to #12. -Bring to boil and reduce heat simmering for 5-10 minutes to allow flavors to mix. Place chicken breast in appropriate sized casserole dish and cover with sauce. Cover with aluminum foil. Cook at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and/or shredded Mozzerella cheese. Place back in oven, uncovered, until cheese is melted.
13. Serve over pasta sprinkled with fresh parsley or with side of garlic toast. Enjoy!!
The Finished Product!!