Friday, January 21, 2011

Thinking Healing Thoughts



My poor sick baby a few nights ago with Daddy trying to get her to play. Notice the mouth breathing :(

It's been kind of a rough week around here. Melana has been really sick. I almost hate to comment because I know there are a lot of kids who are sicker and going through rougher physical ailments, but this is MY baby and I hate to see her like this. We started the week with the snotty, runny nose, cough stuff again, but by Tuesday she was vomiting and having diarrhea. I worked Wednesday night but Darian ended up staying home on Thursday so I could sleep and she wouldn't have to go to the sitter's house. She took maybe a total of 7 ounces of formula the whole day and vomited much of that. I gave her a couple of teaspoons of Pedialyte last night that stayed down and then she ate 3 ounces of formula at 4 am and went back to sleep. She has vomited once and is still having diarrhea, but she has kept more Pedialyte and 5 ounces of formula down this morning. So hopefully, that means we're on our way to being better. She slept all day yesterday and is more alert and awake today. I was really getting worried last night. As a nurse, I kept assessing all the things that could signal dehydration and she had them all! She was pale, almost grayish, lethargic, had a dry mouth and mucous membranes, only had 1 wet diaper in like 8-10 hours, and had a sunken fontenelle. I called the Dr. but they didn't seem to worried. I, however, was ready to take her in for IV fluids. But instead, I decided NOT to be a neurotic mother and just give her lots of TLC and force fluids as much as possible. Again, she is looking much better though still not well, and I'm hoping that my sweet momma lovin' and my prayers for healing had something to do with, that because I've got lots more to give. :)
Here she is this morning with a little more color to her cheeks and actually being playful. So sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment