Saturday, January 8, 2011

Six Months


On Christmas Eve Melana turned six months old. I can't believe it's been six months! In some ways it feels like it was just yesterday and in others it feels like she's always been a part of our family. I weighed her on Christmas Day and she is already 20 pounds! She goes next week for her six month checkup and we'll see how long she is getting. I think she is very tall for six months, but we'll see. I decided to update about how she's been progressing, but there have been so many changes and new things that I'll just put it into list form. Besides, I'm a sucker for a good list. :)

New Activities
-sits by herself for several minutes
-scoots herself around on the floor while on her back
-rolls from back to tummy (just three days ago for the first time!)
-very verbal: Favorite word "Eeeeee" and it's said a lot
-jumps up and down in her exersaucer
-slept in her own room for the first time this week

Likes

-
eating cereal, squash, carrots and peas
-
bathtime
-loves to stand any chance she gets
-her toes, still
-her exersaucer, pink ball, books, lullaby puppy "Violet", purple bunny "FooFoo", yellow stuffed puppy, and LINKS (the links are our best investment as far as toys, she loves them)
-loves to be sung to
-likes when I sing "I I I I I LOVE you!" she laughs and laughs
-watching the dogs
-bouncing in her exersaucer
-peek a boo
-holding our finger or thumb while eating her bottle and moving them back and forth (she's done this since she could grab it, we don't know why)
-likes to watch TV although we try not to let her, whenever it's on, she is watching and seems particularly drawn to football (thanks Aunt Michele!) :)

Favorite People

-Mommy and Daddy
-Grandmas and Grandpa
-Auntie cousin Emilee
-and her little cousin Jenna who calls her My Laney or My Lana :)

Dislikes

-
carseat
-sometimes naps
-green beans, sweet potatoes, bananas
-her face washed
-getting dressed

No comments:

Post a Comment