Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Life with Snot

These first few weeks of January have been filled with our basic everyday activities. Business as usual you might say. Melana had her six month checkup last week and is growing quite nicely. She now weighs 18 lbs and is 27 inches long!! She is over the 90th percentile in everything. She also got her very first vaccines on that Dr. visit. I have done quite a bit of research and have made up our own alternative vaccination schedule. Melana will be getting select vaccines and only two at a time. The doctor didn't get pushy about the vaccines this time. I think she was just relieved that we were starting some. Melana did well, cried after the shots for a few seconds until I picked her up and then she was fine.
Health wise, we had a few good weeks, but starting yesterday she now has another virus or something. :( This is probably the fourth or so one since the beginning of December. I haven't taken her to the doctor the last few times because I just figured they are viruses and there is nothing to do but wait it out, but this time she is having some diarrhea, not eating well and having so much nasal drainage that I'm afraid she may have a sinus infection. I'm taking her tomorrow morning to the doctor. The Tylenol and saline drops work well, but I wish there was some sort of decongestant for her. She is also teething bad again which might have something to do with it as well. Any day that front bottom tooth is going to poke through. I just hate seeing her so miserable breathing through her mouth, watery eyes and runny nose. I HATE having to suction her nose out so much. She looks so pathetic looking up at me as if to ask "why Momma?" I wonder too. Why me? Why do I have to be the nose sucker outer? Why do I have to be the bad guy? Oh yeah, cause Darian would probably puke. haha.
Here is a video I took last week before her bath. We found out she is ticklish on her back.



LOVE IT!!

She continues to be our sunshine and our joy. She is almost always found smiling, even when sick and we are so thankful for our blessing from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment