Saturday, August 28, 2010

Melana is Nine Weeks!!

I'm a little late in posting, so Melana is nine weeks and two days, but we snapped some cute pics this morning that I thought I'd share. Right now she is doing one of her favorite activities and that is swinging in her swing watching the fishies on her mobile. So cute. Every day she smiles more and more. She now likes to lay on the floor under her floor gym and play. She lays under there and kicks every time she hits the little octopus mirror and sea horse rattle. For some reason many of our baby items seem to be ocean/fish related. :)
I bought her Baby Einstein's Baby Mozart video and put her in her bouncy seat in front of the TV. That's right, I'm that awesome of a parent. :) I didn't know if she would be interested or even if she would be able to see it as the recommended age is 3+ months, but I got it anyway and and she LOVES it! She kicks and waves her little arms around and smiles and coos. Her big blue eyes got even bigger and she was staring at the TV. When the music hits a crescendo she gets really excited. We had a blast just watching her.



This past week has been great, sleep wise. She has been going to bed around 8:30-9:30pm and sleeping until 5am when Darian gets up for work. He feeds her before leaving then she usually goes back to sleep until 8-9am. It's awesome!! She has been a little fussy the last 3-4 days though, and seems to want to be held and snuggled. She's also been a little red around the eyes, so I was wondering if she was getting sick, but today she seems better. Her naps during the day seem to be getting shorter, except for her late afternoon one, but I don't mind since she is sleeping so great at night. She goes for her 2 month check up on Monday but when I was at work the other day for a meeting I took her with me so and weighed her on the baby scale. She was 11 lbs. 11 oz. and 24 inches long. Yep, she's a porky!! I'm still doing some research on which vaccines we do and don't want her to get. I'm hoping the doctor will respect our wishes and not give me too much trouble and the whole lecture that I'm sure she has stored away for such fanatics like ourselves. LOL.
In other news, I was supposed to start back to work this week, but was canceled both nights so I was able to get a little more snuggle time with my sweet Melana. Yesterday was my birthday but we didn't do anything special. After 30 does it really matter? lol I spent the day cleaning and cooking as it was our turn to host our Bible study group last night. It was fun to hang out with our great friends and their families.
We also had a court date this week in regards to the adoption. Everything went well, Melana's biological parents terminated their parental rights. So now we are just waiting on more paperwork to go between the two states and hopefully they will set another court date soon to make the adoption final. I'm hoping by Christmas or at least by New Years. I can't wait till she is fully and legally ours, but a nice tax exemption would be nice as well. LOL Just kidding we are just excited to make her "official".
We are also getting excited to hear the news of our new niece who is expected to make her arrival this week. My brother Jason and his wife, Rachael are having their third girl by c-section on Thursday. She will be joining our other two beautiful and sweet nieces, Jordyn, 7 and Jenna, 3. Wish we could be in Texas to greet her, but are still excited to hear the news.
I snapped a couple of pics of Melana to mark her two months. The first one is with a teddy bear that my dad bought her at the hospital when she was born. We had professional pics taken of her at 12 days old and have one of her and the teddy. The photographer suggested that we should take a pic of her and the teddy every month till she is a year just to see how big she is getting compared to the bear. It's an awesome concept, but I forgot to do it at her first month so I hope to starting now. ( if I remember)

I can't believe how big her grin is!

I like this one too and I'm going to try to keep up with the monthly pics. Can I also just say I LOVE this blanket? Thanks to Darian's Aunt Alma and Angie and Carla!

PS- I just wanted to give an update on the homemade cleaning solutions. I was able to make some dusting solution out of 1 cup of water and 1 TBS of fabric softner. I mixed it in a spray bottle and used it yesterday and it worked great!! Plus, my house smelled like lavender. I have to say it really left the surfaces shiny and clean looking and not at all greasy. I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment