Monday, August 30, 2010

Family Health Segment.... and now here's Healthy Mc Healtherson

Melana had her two month check up today and was found to be perfectly healthy. She even shared several smiles with the Dr. and nurses. She is now officially 11 pounds 8 ounces and 25 inches long!! Completely off the charts for height and in the 50th percentile for weight and head circumference. I even was able to make it out of there with only a small lecture from the doctor after I refused the scheduled vaccinations. I told her I wasn't comfortable consenting to the 3 shots and one oral vaccines that are given at two months until I have done more research. She gave me several pamphlets and told me to go to the CDC website. "It's the only website you should go to". I laughed and told her "yeah, cause I'm gonna trust the government". Funny, I don't think she thought I was serious. Ha!

We are waiting for news on my grandpa. My dad and aunt headed to Florida last night after receiving news that he had suffered some sort of stroke or something on Saturday night. He has been getting dialysis three times a week and his body is just giving out, I think. Now they don't know if he has had stroke or has some sort of infection that went to his brain. We are awaiting results of several tests. We will hopefully know more after they are able to speak to the doctor. At least he is conscious and knows who they are, even though he doesn't remember how he got there. We hope to have more answers tomorrow, so we'll keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment